Fourth of July in the Lowcountry 2020: What’s Cancelled
Here are some of the biggest annual Fourth of July events in Hilton Head that have been cancelled for 2020. For more information, click the links below.
*Although activities for the Fourth are cancelled, regularly scheduled Summer Jams will continue through the month of July!
Photo by Megan Leong on Unsplash
Still Scheduled: Salute from the Shore
Head to the beautiful beaches of Hilton Head Island at 1:00 pm on July 4th to catch the 11th Annual Salute from the Shore! This unique event is a wonderful opportunity for family and friends to salute our armed forces while celebrating the Fourth up and down the South Carolina coastline. This Independence Day celebration is freely offered by a non-profit, grassroots group of patriotic South Carolinians whose sole aim is to honor our armed forces. Beginning just north of Myrtle Beach and concluding at Lake Murray, Hilton Head is among the many points in between where this amazing spectacle can be seen. Learn more about the 2020 Salute from the Shore here.
Photo by Sheri Silver on Unsplash
DIY Your Own Fourth of July Bash This Year!
While it’s disappointing that so many of our annual family-friendly events have been cancelled this year, there’s still no better place than Hilton Head to spend quality time with family and friends! Here are five ideas for hosting your very own at-home patriotic extravaganza.
- Stream fireworks online. There are several major cities streaming their annual fireworks show for the whole world to see! Grab some snacks, open the windows to let in the cool night air, and enjoy this annual tradition from the comfort of your living room. Speaking of snacks…
- Make some festive food-truck classics! Food trucks might be shuttered on the Fourth, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some classic summertime festival food. Check out these copycat food truck recipes for some inspiration.
- Go for a stroll or bike ride with the family. Even though the annual 5K is cancelled, you can still get outside with your family on the Fourth this year by visiting some of the Lowcountry’s amazing trails. To make your outing festive, wear patriotic clothes or attach flags to your bikes. Consider the ride your own miniature parade!
- Have an outdoor movie night. Set up your own drive-in theater in your backyard and put on a patriotic movie—you’ll (almost) forget you’re still at home!
- Tell stories around a campfire. One of the best ways to make memories (and share them) during the summer is around a campfire. Roast s’mores, put on some tunes, and share some face-to-face time with the people you care about most.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE LOCAL’S GUIDE TO BLUFFTON & HILTON HEAD
Enter your information below to instantly download the Ussery Group’s local guide to Bluffton and Hilton Head Island. Featured inside: our favorite restaurants, activities, shopping areas, 2023 event dates, and more!