Ask anyone who has ever bought or sold a house, and they will tell you that searching for a good realtor is often the hardest part of the process. So much is at stake with this decision, and it’s hard to know who you can trust—especially if you’re not local to the area. With over 50 years of shared experience in the Palmetto Bluff market, the Ussery Group knows that finding the best real estate agent begins with asking the right questions. Read on to discover exactly what to ask in your conversation with a prospective Palmetto Bluff realtor.
1. What is your total sales volume in the community? This is one of the most important questions you can ask a potential agent. Total sales volume refers to the total dollar amount of the homes and homesites that a real estate brokerage or agent has sold. The total sales volume represents every transaction in a certain period of time; usually a quarter. This number is a metric of how successful an agent is when tasked to help sell a home. The Ussery Group achieved $45,241,500 of closed and pending sales within Palmetto Bluff in the second quarter of 2022 alone, making our team a leader in the Palmetto Bluff real estate market.
2. How many years have you been in business? Many prospective buyers and sellers forget to ask this simple question, but the answer can make a world of difference as it sets seasoned professionals apart from newer agents. In addition to staying ahead-of-the-curve when it comes to marketing trends and technology, an experienced agent brings deep relationships and extensive knowledge of the local market to the table. With so many realtors to choose from, evaluating the length of an agent or team’s career in a specific community can help make your decision more clear.
3. What is your marketing strategy? The most efficient marketing strategy is the one that is clear and actionable. A thoroughly-constructed process must be in place to get your home in front of as many qualified buyers as possible, so it’s important to be informed about each potential agent’s listing strategy. Read this blog post for more information about how the Ussery Group approaches property marketing through multiple forms of media.
4. What kind of experience/relationships/network do you have in the community? The real estate industry is built on mutual trust and connection, and an excellent real estate agent will have a deep-rooted network of influence within their community of expertise. They have proven relational equity, and are ready to get your listing out to as many qualified buyers as possible.
Having previously worked within the Palmetto Bluff Developer Real Estate office, Thomas Maybank, Michael Haire, and Keene Reese have extensive history within the community. Since joining the Ussery Group in 2018, they have made the Palmetto Bluff membership experience and resale market their primary focus. In addition to working in Palmetto Bluff, several Ussery Group team members are also residents of Palmetto Bluff, which makes it easy for us to stay connected to the most current happenings within the community.
“We have done several transactions in Palmetto Bluff with Thomas Maybank. His knowledge of the area is encyclopedic. He knows every home and lot in the Bluff and their historic transactions. Thomas is creative in his matches of buyers and properties, putting his local knowledge to work! Thomas’ process is seamless and his response is always immediate by phone, email or text. His strong negotiating skills have helped us close 2 deals in 2 years, and we look forward to a third!” -Homebuyer via Zillow
5. What is your knowledge of current comps and market temperature? Finding an agent with a current understanding of the market temperature is essential to traversing the nuances of luxury home sales with grace and ease—especially in a community like Palmetto Bluff. The best way to ensure an agent has their finger on the pulse of the market is to take a look in the rearview mirror and examine their previous performance within a given community. At the Ussery Group, we share 50+ years of experience in Palmetto Bluff and have produced more than $1 billion in sales, with a total closed and pending resale volume in Palmetto Bluff of more than $233 million in 2021 alone. Because we operate as a team, we’re able to put our combined knowledge, resources, and relationships to work for you to attract a large pool of qualified buyers as quickly as possible.
The Ussery Group shares more collective experience in Palmetto Bluff than any other agent or firm. As the real estate climate continues to evolve, it’s vital to have a team on your side that deeply understands this community and has remained a market leader in both transactions and total sales volume throughout a variety of conditions. If you are thinking of buying or selling, or just have a question about the market, we would be honored to put our knowledge and expertise to work for you. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 843-815-8637 or send us an email if we can be of service.