It’s almost that time of year again—when we shower the most important people in our lives with love and treats. And what better way to do that in the Lowcountry than to take them out on a night on the town?
With that in mind, here are a few romantic Lowcountry destinations we recommend visiting to make your Valentine’s Day evening more memorable!
Have Date Night at Hewitt Oaks
Hewitt Oaks is a popular luxury venue for weddings in the Lowcountry, so what better spot to share a romantic evening together? If you and your partner love to go on culinary adventures, we highly recommend reserving seats at their upcoming Valentine’s Date Night on February 12th!
Their set menu for the evening includes a Tasting Plate and Three-Course Dinner, featuring Crab Bisque, Blackened Scallop Alfredo, a Chocolate Bliss Dessert Trio, and more. Pair your dinner with complimentary wine or beer, or enjoy a refreshing sparkling cocktail.
Have a Romantic Dinner at One of the Lowcountry’s Finest
If a classic dinner date is more your vibe, we recommend booking a reservation at any of these restaurants in the Lowcountry:
- The Bluffton Room – The Bluffton Room is well known for its intimate atmosphere, perfect for a romantic night out. Partake in classic American cuisine and well-crafted cocktails.
- Truffles Cafe – For a cozy fine-dining experience, visit the Truffles Cafe in Bluffton or Hilton Head Island. The seafood dishes are among some of our faves!
- Michael Antony’s Cucina Italiana – Recreate a romantic evening in Italy in our very own Hilton Head! At Michael Antony’s, experience a night like no other with the venue’s extensive dinner and dessert menu.
- Charlie’s L’etoile Verte – A popular French bistro in Hilton Head, Charlie’s takes pride in using fresh local ingredients in their offerings. Choose from an excellent selection of wine to pair with you and your loved one’s dinner and dessert.
- The Jazz Corner – For a night of great food and entertainment, look no further than The Jazz Corner. In addition to their classy Lowcountry menu, the establishment also hosts two concerts every night. So if dinner and a concert doesn’t fit your evening schedule, swing by afterwards to see their late-night show!
- The Studio – As the name implies, The Studio is an artsy place–it has its own gallery featuring local artists, and frequently provides entertainment from local musicians. This cozy environment is perfect for sampling their tasty menu. (Patrons love the vegan and vegetarian options!)
- Vine – After a day of shopping at Coligny Plaza, stop by Vine for Greenwich Village-style fare in an intimate setting.
Take a Sweetheart Cruise from Hilton Head Island
If you’re seeking a more adventurous dinner date, reserve a two-hour trip around the Calibogue Sound on the Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Cruise! Enjoy a complimentary crudite platter with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries while you’re aboard, and take in the beautiful Lowcountry views. The boat sails from The Salty Dog Cafe at 4 pm!
Soak Up the Lowcountry Sunset
(Source: Image by the Ussery Group)
What better way to end a romantic night out than to enjoy the sun setting together? Visit any of these spots on Hilton Head Island to catch a gorgeous view of the Lowcountry sunset:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa – After a romantic spa day, head to the beach in front of The Westin for a light show you’ll never forget.
- Harbour Town Lighthouse and Marina – If you’re a fan of wildlife, stick around, because you may spot a dolphin or two at the Harbour Town Lighthouse and Marina!
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park – Experience a beautiful sunset framed by palm trees and boats at this popular park.
- Shelter Cove Towne Centre – As you wait for the sun to set, enjoy local music, entertainment, and shopping, right in the heart of Hilton Head.
- Skull Creek Boathouse – This restaurant comes with dinner and a view—the perfect destination to catch a southern view of the sun sinking below the horizon.
- Sunset Grille – This establishment definitely lives up to its name; watch the dazzling sunset from inside over dinner or on the surrounding deck.
Spend a Quiet Evening at Home
Of course, if you prefer to spend Valentine’s Day at your Lowcountry home, we recommend grabbing a bottle or two of wine–or other adult beverages–from beloved vendors like The Carolina Tasting Room, Island Winery, or Hilton Head Distillery.
Make this Valentine’s Day stand out from the rest by visiting any of these popular romantic destinations in the Lowcountry. Whether you and your partner are foodies, adventurers, or homebodies, you’re sure to find a spot you’ll both love!