Palmetto Bluff embodies the best of what the Lowcountry has to offer. Whether you dream of sitting back and enjoying the soothing sounds of the May River, strolling through the area’s breathtaking maritime forest, or soaking up local art and culture, this community has everything you could want from both town and country living. There’s a reason the area has grown so much, even during the pandemic—and why Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin chose to get married here!
If you’re ready to call Palmetto Bluff home, it’s worth mentioning that right now, there are limited listings available—in part due to COVID-19 city flight. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t build your own custom home instead!
Fortunately for aspiring new residents, there are quite a few homesites available, which gives you the opportunity to bring your dream home to life. With that said, the following are some of the most sought-after features you’ll want to consider including in your Palmetto Bluff custom home!
Open Concept Spaces
Families were cooped up in their homes for much of 2020, so it’s no surprise that this year, homeowners want—and need—an abode with plenty of space to spread out.
Open concept spaces can be featured anywhere in your floor plan, but are most commonly utilized to connect the kitchen, dining room, and great room in Palmetto Bluff homes.
- Add a kitchen island to create a flowing cooking space.
- A cozy breakfast nook makes an excellent addition to a kitchen that opens up to the window area, and helps tie the space together!
- Install floor-to-ceiling windows or French doors to bring in plenty of natural lighting.
The work-from-home era is here to stay, so why not include a room in your custom home dedicated to productivity? Try one of these popular design ideas:
- Take the strain off your eyes by having a window installed for natural light.
- Make your office yours by giving the walls a beautiful makeover. Soft earth tones often work best since they won’t distract you—or the next person you have a Zoom call with!
- Long walls give you the ability to max out on storage! Add floating shelves or a modern desk to give the appearance of a larger space.
For more design ideas, check out our blog on creating the perfect home office space!
Homeowners are tired of looking at a drab laundry room or backdoor area, so designers came up with a solution: mudrooms!
- After a long day at the beach or trekking down one of the many walking paths in Palmetto Bluff, dust off the sand and dirt and rinse off at a utility sink or washing station.
- Speaking of rinsing off, mudrooms that also double as laundry rooms make it easier for you to throw dirty garments and towels right into the washing machine.
- Add storage solutions like built-in shelves and cabinetry to avoid clutter and keep belongings organized.
The screened porch is a Lowcountry staple, so it’s a must-have feature for your custom home. Although porches are ubiquitous across Palmetto Bluff properties, here are several ways to make yours unique:
- A screened porch is the perfect place to add living space. Invest in outdoor furniture and a TV so you can catch your favorite game or show from the comforts of home!
- During the summer, you can enjoy the fresh air while staying cool underneath a few ceiling fans. On chilly evenings, stay warm and cozy next to a brick fireplace equipped with a sound system for your TV.
- Want to bring the fresh air inside? Add sets of French doors that you can leave open on gorgeous summer days.
Outdoor Living Zones
Just beyond your screened porch, add any of these popular features to your custom Palmetto Bluff home:
- Make a fire pit the backyard’s focal point—perfect for intimate family gatherings or oyster roast.
- You can never go wrong with a pool surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Add a nearby outdoor shower or pool bar for convenience.
- Build an outdoor kitchen Gordon Ramsey would be proud of, outfitted with a grill, dining area, and more!
- Dock easements are perfect for lots right off the water, allowing you instant access to activities ranging from fishing to paddle boarding!
- One of the best features of the Lowcountry is the beautiful, natural view, which is almost always available with a homesite in Palmetto Bluff. With that said, natural landscaping is key.
Plant Your Roots in Palmetto Bluff
Ready to build your dream custom home in Palmetto Bluff? Contact us today to learn more about available homesites. We can also help you get connected with award-winning architects and contractors in the area!